As a rapidly growing organization, we are continually adding new, career-driven team members. We are currently seeking an Account Specialist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team-atmosphere!
This is not a typical Account Specialist position; you will work with a diverse array of companies and variation of technology, networks, servers, equipment and software that they utilize. You will provide remote support and assistance with a focus on high quality customer service. If you are great at troubleshooting and able to communicate effectively, translating technical jargon into non-technical terms we will be interested in you.
The Account Specialist will aid in the training and implementation of technology tools in child care centers across the Denver Metro region. Including but not limited to; the initial setup of computer system and web based system at child care center location; assist in data entry of child care records in web based software system; manage distribution and collection of various forms; organization and scanning of complex child care center files; track computer & equipment inventory; assist in quality assurance testing; assist in child care center training on technology platform and web based tools.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshoot and provide technical assistance for challenges with technology (hardware and software) and additional web-based tools
- Provide support in person & remotely to parents and directors of ECE programs, utilizing web-based child management systems.
- Maintain various reporting databases by inputting customer contract information, task completion dates, travel details, and other data related to key services.
- Provide quality and timely customer service across all channels (phone, email, face to face)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships
- Follow project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of requirements and project specifications.
- Associate degree preferred
- Demonstrated 1-3 years’ experience in customer service & data entry
- Possess intermediate knowledge of MS Office and intermediate technical skills
- Performs multiple functions with accuracy and sense of urgency while assisting customers
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, 401(k) and bonus. Please submit your cover letter with salary history and your resume on our website www.earlylearningventures.org or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 2, 2014. ELV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Support Temp
Early Learning Ventures, a private operating foundation, is focused on increasing access to high quality Early Care and Education (ECE) through comprehensive innovations, policies, and incentives that are market-oriented, include parent involvement, and have measurable impact.
Early Learning Ventures is taking the lead to accelerate ECE quality improvements, increase operational effectiveness, and support the momentum for broader ECE industry reform. We are an entrepreneurial, results focused organization; with a rigorous and highly collaborative culture. We have an exciting newly created intern position that will be responsible for providing end-user support for ELV’s proprietary web applications, troubleshooting challenges, monitoring challenge resolutions and creating appropriate support documentation.
This is a newly created, part time (up to 29hrs/week) position, through the end of December 2014, reporting to the Technology Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the application’s end-users, and promote the features of technologies during support interactions
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and requests for challenge reporting and/or application support
- Document and monitor all support requests via the Alliance CORE Support Module
- Perform Quality Assurance Testing of new application developments and accurately document results
- Develop and manage both online & offline documentation tailored to end-users with minimal IT savvy
- Participate in application requirements analysis process and assist with new design specifications
- Investigate ways to improve the current applications and business processes
- Interface with the Technology Project Manager, applications and business processes
- Serve as a communication conduit between the end-users, ELV, and the developers
- Provide ELV with other support as needed
Education and/or Experience
- 0-1 (or more) years of experience
- Working on Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required
- Previous technical support experience preferred, but not required
Please submit your resume with salary history to this address: email@example.com
Director of Strategy and Business Development
Early Learning Ventures (ELV), a private operating foundation, is seeking a Director of Strategy & Business Development to play a critical role in executing the organization’s scale and sustainability strategy. ELV’s Alliance network is a highly impactful child care shared services model, and we are seeking to build on its track record of success and expand nationally. We are looking for a unique individual, someone who has the technical skills to generate social venture capital as well as the drive to work collaboratively. This position will advance our efforts to establish public-private partnerships and other collaborative fund development activities. The Director of Strategy & Business Development, under the direction of the Executive Director, will be responsible for developing the partnership, funding and business development strategies for Early Learning Ventures.
Scope of Responsibility for the Director include:
- Drive growth and sustainability. The Director will serve as lead for ELV’s Business Development efforts and will function as lead in the management of existing funder relationships and the identification and cultivation of other mission-aligned funders from the public, private, and philanthropic sectors to broaden ELV’s base of support.
- Manage day-to-day fund development operations including budgeting and fundraising targets, and operations and program performance targets in collaboration with national leadership team.
- Oversee and support execution of a comprehensive national growth strategy. Partner with ELV’s program and technical assistance team and work closely with legal, operations, and finance staff to continuously drive business development. Ensure best-in-class results including the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies and procedures.
- Pursue opportunities to identify and cultivate potential champions amongst community, state and regional level leaders from diverse sectors and other organizations and systems. In particular, s/he will focus on deepening relationships across sectors, including technology and financial services, and building support and buy-in for the network to capitalize on opportunities for collaboration.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Ambassadorial presence, credibility, and interpersonal skills paired with the charisma and passion to inspire others to invest in new partnerships; experience facilitating groups and networks with a common purpose and shared goals; a balanced and objective perspective that brings together a wide variety of stakeholders, champions and contributors.
- Refined leadership skills and presence developed through a minimum of 8+ years of progressive management experience, preferably in a high-growth, cutting-edge organization; ability to provide evidence of specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth and excellence; Early Childhood or Education sector experience and experience working with major corporate, philanthropic and/or academic partners, as well as high net worth individuals, is highly desirable.
- An entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative thinker and leader with savvy for business, sales, and marketing best practices; familiarity with the cultural and operational differences between the nonprofit and for-profit sectors gained through professional experience in both is desirable.
- A forward thinking approach to fund development, through both direct solicitation and building partnerships, collaborations and joint ventures; a passion for cultivating new donor support; an ability to generate new revenue streams and envision the next phase of ELV’s growth and development.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of the organization’s fund development strategy
- Prospect for potential new partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliance opportunities; analyzing their feasibility, shaping specific opportunities, presenting recommendations internally, and negotiating funding agreements
- Plan and manage effective cultivation, solicitation, and recognition programs and strategies for major donors and prospects
- Identify and personally solicit high-profile, and extremely complex major donations of $100,000+ prospects annually
- Oversees continuous research, development, and up-to-date knowledge on social investment prospects and works to increase the connections to foundations and other funding organizations
- Ensures compliance with prospect management guidelines for tracking and maintenance of contact and progress reporting
- Increase awareness of ELV in the public sector to support national expansion
- Develop and execute ELV’s government relations efforts to educate policy makers on issues related to the delivery of high quality child care, and serve as an effective high-level advocate at both the state and federal level
- Prepare summary reports, legislative testimony and other assigned communication to support ELV public-private partnership efforts
- Organize VIP visitor events at our programs, speak at conferences, work with Congressional leaders and Executive Branch officials in leveraging new financial and technical resources, and serving as the ELV spokesperson in the policy and fund development arenas
- Strengthen relationships with strategic allies (industry groups, advocacy groups, legislators, and executive branch officials)
- Build relationships with local, state, and national foundation leaders so they are aware of ELV, its impact in the community, and its position on issues related to ECE
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Four year college (Bachelor’s Degree) in Political Science, Business Administration, Finance or related field required.
- Graduate (Master’s Degree, JD or Ph.D.) preferred
- 8 years’ development, marketing, sales or the equivalent experience
- Proven track record of developing and closing partnerships in the six and seven figure range.
- Experience in the ECE sector, or related sector preferred.
- This position will require flexibility to travel frequently (50%+) and with little notice and the flexibility to work evenings and weekends for special events
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, 401(k) and bonus. ELV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.