Merage Foundation and their private nonprofit operating foundation, Early Learning Ventures (ELV), is seeking a Development Manager to provide high-level, strategic support to ELV’s efforts to secure funding from Foundations and other donors for both unrestricted and restricted purposes, and government agencies for public-private partnerships. The ideal candidate will have a track record of fundraising success, and a passion for the ELV mission of improving the quality of Early Care and Education. The Development Manager will play a critical role in executing the organization’s national scale and sustainability strategy and under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for establishing, planning, directing, and coordinating all fund development and strategic partnership activities. The performance of this role will be assessed on the results of the development and aggressive growth strategy of revenue generation.
Early Learning Ventures is dedicated to expanding access to quality, affordable child care. To that end, the organization focuses its efforts on improving the quality of early child care programs offered at the nation’s center- and home-based child care facilities. Early Learning Ventures has developed a unique model of shared services to streamline business functions and make managing a financially stable, high-quality business attainable. Working with a network of partners and through an online, cost-effective business platform, Early Learning Ventures is supporting providers to strengthen their businesses, save time and money, and, most importantly, offer quality care to more children.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of the organization’s fund development strategy
- Prospect for potential new partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliance opportunities; analyzing their feasibility, shaping specific opportunities, presenting recommendations internally, and negotiating funding agreements
- Continually seek out opportunities for stewardship and cultivation of both current and potential funders, including arranging and leading site visits
- Conduct research and maintain knowledge of the Early care and Education sector, current trends, publications and key data, as well as a deep understanding of the ELV model, evaluation and effectiveness
- Oversees continuous research, development, and up-to-date knowledge on social investment strategies and works to increase the connections to foundations and other funding organizations
- Ensures compliance with prospect management guidelines for tracking and maintenance of contact and progress reporting
- Increase awareness of ELV in the public sector to support national expansion
- Develop and execute ELV’s government relations efforts to educate policy makers on issues related to the delivery of high quality child care, and serve as an effective high-level advocate at both the state and federal level
- Prepare summary reports, legislative testimony and other assigned communication to support ELV public-private partnership efforts
- Organize VIP visitor events at our programs, speak at conferences, work with Congressional leaders and Executive Branch officials in leveraging new financial and technical resources, and serving as the ELV spokesperson in the policy and fund development arenas
- Strengthen relationships with strategic allies (industry groups, advocacy groups, legislators, and executive branch officials)
- Build relationships with local, state, and national foundation leaders so they are aware of ELV, its impact in the community, and its position on issues related to ECE
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Marketing or Sales Preferred)
- At least three years of developing and/or closing strategic partnerships in the six and seven figure range
- At least five years of experience writing grants for a nonprofit organization with proven track record of securing six- and seven-figure grants preferred
- Graduate (Master’s Degree, JD or Ph.D.) preferred
- Experience or interest in the Early Childhood Education sector, or related sector preferred
- This position will require flexibility to travel frequently (25%+) with the possibility of little notice, and the flexibility to work evenings and weekends for special events
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, 401(k) and bonus. ELV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Client Support Specialist
Early Learning Ventures is a rapidly growing organization, and we are continually adding new, career-driven team members. We are currently seeking a Client Support Specialist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team-atmosphere!
This is not a typical Support position; you will work with a diverse array of companies and variation of technology, networks, servers, equipment and software that they utilize. You will provide remote support and assistance with a focus on high quality customer service. If you are great at troubleshooting and able to communicate effectively, translating technical jargon into non-technical terms we will be interested in you.
The Client Support Specialist will aid in the training and implementation of technology tools in child care centers across the Denver Metro region. Including but not limited to; the initial setup of computer system and web based system at child care center location; assist in data entry of child care records in web based software system; manage distribution and collection of various forms; organization and scanning of complex child care center files; track computer & equipment inventory; assist in quality assurance testing; assist in child care center training on technology platform and web based tools.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshoot and provide technical assistance for challenges with technology (hardware and software) and additional web-based tools
- Provide support in person & remotely to parents and directors of ECE programs, utilizing web-based child management systems.
- Maintain various reporting databases by inputting customer contract information, task completion dates, travel details, and other data related to key services.
- Provide quality and timely customer service across all channels (phone, email, face to face)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships
- Follow project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of requirements and project specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred or 1-3 years’ experience in customer service & data entry
- Possess intermediate knowledge of MS Office and intermediate technical skills
- Performs multiple functions with accuracy and sense of urgency while assisting customers
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, 401(k) and bonus. Please submit your cover letter with salary history.
ELV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.