Fund Development Manager
Early Learning Ventures (ELV), a private nonprofit operating foundation in the Merage Foundations consortium, is seeking a Fund Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have a track record of fundraising success, a passion for the ELV mission of improving the quality of Early Care and Education. The Fund Development Manager will play a critical role in executing the organization’s national scale and sustainability strategy and under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for establishing, planning, directing, and coordinating all fund development and strategic partnership activities. The performance of this role will be based on the results of the development and aggressive growth strategy of revenue generation.
Early Learning Ventures is dedicated to expanding access to quality, affordable child care. To that end, the organization focuses its efforts on improving the quality of early child care programs offered at the nation’s center- and home-based child care facilities. Early Learning Ventures has developed a unique model of shared services to streamline business functions and make managing a financially stable, high-quality business attainable. Working with a network of partners and through an online, cost-effective business platform, Early Learning Ventures is supporting providers to strengthen their businesses, save time and money, and, most importantly, offer quality care to more children.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of the organization’s fund development strategy
- Prospect for potential new partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliance opportunities; analyzing their feasibility, shaping specific opportunities, presenting recommendations internally, and negotiating funding agreements
- Plan and manage effective cultivation, solicitation, and recognition programs and strategies for major donors and prospects
- Identify and personally solicit high-profile, and extremely complex major donations of $100,000+ prospects annually
- Oversees continuous research, development, and up-to-date knowledge on social investment prospects and works to increase the connections to foundations and other funding organizations
- Ensures compliance with prospect management guidelines for tracking and maintenance of contact and progress reporting
- Increase awareness of ELV in the public sector to support national expansion
- Develop and execute ELV’s government relations efforts to educate policy makers on issues related to the delivery of high quality child care, and serve as an effective high-level advocate at both the state and federal level
- Prepare summary reports, legislative testimony and other assigned communication to support ELV public-private partnership efforts
- Organize VIP visitor events at our programs, speak at conferences, work with Congressional leaders and Executive Branch officials in leveraging new financial and technical resources, and serving as the ELV spokesperson in the policy and fund development arenas
- Strengthen relationships with strategic allies (industry groups, advocacy groups, legislators, and executive branch officials)
- Build relationships with local, state, and national foundation leaders so they are aware of ELV, its impact in the community, and its position on issues related to ECE
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Marketing or Sales Preferred)
- 3+ years of fund development, marketing, sales, fundraising, or the equivalent experience
- Graduate (Master’s Degree, JD or Ph.D.) preferred
- Proven track record of developing and closing partnerships in the six and seven figure range
- Experience in the Early Childhood Education sector, or related sector preferred
- This position will require flexibility to travel frequently (50%+) with the possibility of little notice, and the flexibility to work evenings and weekends for special events
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, 401(k) and bonus. ELV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.